Monday, March 29, 2010

What a week....and on into the weekend

So, last week started off as a normal week. Sunday we went to church and Michael enjoyed his time in the nursery. Then Sunday afternoon, we went and had lunch with some friends and then had dinner with our sunday school class. On both occasions, we had fantastic food and had a wonderful time of fellowship. Then, monday night rolled around, and at about 9:00 Michael woke up sick. This is probably the 5th or 6th week in a row that we have gone to church and Michael ended up sick. Poor baby. Thankfully it was only a few hours and then he went back to sleep for the rest of the night.

All was fine and we went about our week. We had some friends over for dinner on Thursday night and then Friday morning, I woke up with the same sickness Michael had. I thought I was in the clear because it had been more than 2 days, but not a chance....but thankfully, as in Michael's case, it only lasted a few hours and I was much better.

If you have been following Mike's blog and his weight loss journey, you will know that he and I have been using advocare products. Well, we have decided to become Advocare Advisors (distributors), and Friday night, we took the plunge. Advocare products are wonderful products and while you can see the biggest difference in Mike, I have had success as well. I have not done the 24 day challenge as he has (which I am considering), but I have been drinking the spark drinks. Some days I feel like I am gonna pass out, I am so exhausted, then I drink a spark and I don't need a nap. It's mostly vitamins (some caffeine) and it's great because it gives me energy without the jitters. I love it! All you mom's out there.....my mom told me once that I would be tired for the rest of my life once I had kids.....now I don't have to be :)

So, on Saturday, Mike, Michael and I were running around and on the way back we got rear-ended. Yep. In our new car. The guy behind us was turned around talking or something to someone in the back seat and we were in traffic (because of road construction) and the car in front of us stopped, we stopped, and they didn't. Praise the Lord we were all ok. Michael got a little scared and cried, but other than that, you wouldn't have known anything happened....well, that and our crunched up back end of the car. Grrr. So, we called their insurance and filed the claim. They called back today so that we could take the car to get it fixed and you won't believe what they told us. The guy driving said that Mike was turned around messing with Michael and stopped for no apparent reason. WHAT?! Some people. Mike told our side of the story and the insurance girl said that it didn't matter anyway what that guy said because we were hit from behind and that it was automatically their fault. I don't get why people lie. It irritates me.

Well, today is Monday and we did go to church yesterday and so far, Michael and all the rest of us are still healthy. I am praying he stays that way :) He's too cute to be sick....and here's a pic of him being just that....lol. My little guy loves to smile with his mouth open. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment