Sunday, March 21, 2010

So Thankful...

So, I took the week off last week. Basically, I didn't have to do anything I normally do. No school work, no house cleaning, no cooking, no getting up early...it was wonderful. Mike's mom and Nanny came for a visit for spring break and I got to focus on me and have some time of pampering. Monday, I went shopping and bought a new purse....so cute and it was on sale! That night, Mike and I decided to try our hand at car shopping again.....we came home frustrated and disappointed. For those of you who don't know, we spent about 3 months car shopping with no luck.....the most frustrating experience I have ever had. Anyway, so we were easily discouraged when we visited 4 dealerships and only saw about 2 SUV's that were not even close to what we were looking for. So, we went home and decided to look online a little and then go visit some more places the next night. Tuesday mid morning, I headed out and got a pedicure. It was probably the greatest pedicure I have ever gotten. They even put paraffin wax on my feet. Amazing. Then I met Mike at the house and we headed out. We went to the first place and thought we had found "the car", only to find out they wanted to give us almost 3000 less than what our car was worth, so again, we left frustrated, and headed to another dealership. And there is where we found it........our 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe with less than 17000 miles on it!! Just perfect and roomier than a Chevy Trailblazer! So, we negotiated, and left empty handed. We decided to do a little research and found we were being offered a really great deal, and decided to go back on Wednesday to get it. So, Wednesday during the day, I went and got a massage. I needed it so bad! It wasn't relaxing...not one bit, but oh my goodness! I cannot remember when my back felt so free of pain and knots. The massage therapist was amazing and probably gave me the best massage I have ever had. I need to go back soon (and more often), so that eventually I will not need the knots worked out and I can have a relaxing massage, rather than one out of necessity. Thank the Lord for birthday money!! Anyway, then Mike and I headed out that afternoon to go get our car....it only took about an hour for the entire process! And that included a printer malfunction....lol. Praise the Lord for back up printers. Once I get some, I'll post some pics! It's perfect! On Thursday, I decided I needed a haircut, which actually turned out pretty cute....I was a little concerned because the guy did not seem to be very precise when cutting and I felt like he was saying "woosh" every time he snipped (he had some strange follow through techniques). Thursday night was date night and Mike and I had a nice dinner at Carabbas (see his blog for ways to eat out healthy) and went to see "Shutter Island". The movie was a little disappointing, but it was so nice to be able to go out on a date and not worry about Michael. Friday, I got to go visit my sister for a little bit and have lunch with my mom and then Mike's dad flew in to join us all for the weekend.

Thank you, thank you Dru and Nanny for watching Michael for me this week! Although I missed Michael, it was so nice to get to rest, relax, and for Mike and I to be able to spend some time, just us.

This picture is at Home Depot....Michael really liked this car basket!

No comments:

Post a Comment