Monday, March 1, 2010

10 things I've learned so far this year....

So, I got to thinking about the fact that I haven't posted and why, and I realized that it's not only because I am busy doing stuff, but because I am busy learning and growing in the Lord, and as a mom and a wife. So I thought I'd share some of the things I've learned so far in 2010 (in no particular order). :-)

1. No matter how clean and germ free I try to be, I cannot stop Michael from getting sick and then passing it on to me and Mike. We were sick almost the entire month of February and are finally on the mend. Praise the Lord for the renewal of our health.

2. Being sick is the pits!

3. I never have to measure up to anyone because my "measurements" have been taken to the cross with Christ. (Thank you Beth Moore)

4. I can try my best to be "super mom" and "super wife" but it's never gonna happen. Something in my house will always be a mess and I am slowly but surely becoming ok with that.

5. Some days I need to just relax and that's ok.

6. I love my husband more than he knows. I don't know that I can ever show him enough, but I can try every day to make him feel valued and loved and respected.

7. All babies cry....and sometimes yell and scream. Mine is no exception.

8. I love the Lord more than I ever thought possible and I can't stop talking about him.

9. God is trustworthy and He cares for me.

10. The fact that I mess up or fail at certain things does not define my ability to be a good wife and mom. The fact that I try and I work hard at it and I love my family (and the fact that God is gracious and shows this to my family) makes me a good wife and mom.

2 comments:

  1. First of all - Michael is such a cutie. I cannot get over that sweet boy's face!

    I love what you said about not having to measure up to anyone. How freeing that truth is! I'm glad you are relaxing in God's goodness and truth and in your role as a wife and mom. YOu have such a beautiful heart and I hope the rest of the year has more of this in store for you (except for the being sick part of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing wife and mother! Thank you for all you do!

    ReplyDelete