Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's been too long...

Well, everyone, it's been a while, so I thought I'd make a post. Mike is so good about his blog and I hope to one day catch up to him. Lol...he's had his for less time than I have and has posted many more times than me. I just can't seem to get it done, but I promise I will try harder.

So, let's see.....something new....Michael has been sleeping all the way through the night for the last few nights and has gone to bed with no more than 5 minutes of crying. Sometimes, he just goes right to sleep. It's nice. I guess the Dr. was right. It's easier to get it over with early than to have to fight bedtime for the rest of my life. Lol.

He is doing well on cereal sometimes eating more than his 1 tablespoon, sometimes only eating 3 bites....just depends on how sleepy he is. But I am glad he lets us know when he is full and doesn't just eat it because it's in front of him. We are going to try really hard to develop healthy eating habits for him and encourage healthy options as opposed to sweets.....although we won't deprive him because that can lead to binging later on in life. It's such a fine line.

So, I was reading the other day, and it got me to thinking (sometimes this can be a bad thing..haha). I read this article about baby foods and was wondering if any of you have tried to feed your baby different kinds of foods than the normal bland purees? I got to wondering what do people in Asia or the Middle East, or people in Mexico feed their babies? They eat heavily spiced food, so do they feed their baby the same? Maybe it's better for baby to get a variety of flavors when they are young so they will like those when they are older? So many things to ponder. I will have to ask the doctor about this maybe....although, he will probably think I am a crazy person for even considering such a thing....or maybe he will just say if I am up for the crazy diapers, he's ok with it. lol. Who knows...

One other thing....it's kind of sad actually, but still funny. I have been recording Michael's tummy time so that Mike won't miss out on his first roll or whatever. So, this morning, I did what I normally do....put Michael on his tummy, move out of the way, turn to get the camera, and when I turned back around, I found my baby on his BACK! I totally missed his first rollover and so did the camera for Mike! Sneaky little man. So I tried to recreate it, and he wouldn't do it for me again. :( Sooo, sad.

Here's another pic...cereal face...so cute!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe he rolled over and no one saw it....that makes me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete