Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy 5 month birthday Michael!!

Well, today was a big day in our lives. Michael turned 5 months old today. So, we celebrated by being up all night last night. Mom and dad loved that for sure!! We did, however, get to sleep in until almost 7, so that made up for it some.

Michael tried his first baby food today. He had carrots. At first he looked at me like I was crazy. His expression said "What in the world are you putting in my mouth?!" And he spit most of it out. Then, I gave him another bite. While he kept looking at me with big eyes and an unsure expression he kept on eating. Finally, he decided he kinda liked this stuff and opened his mouth big and was even smiling when he saw the spoon coming. Success!!

Then as if to prove to me how big of a boy he was, I put him under his jungle gym, and he rolled over from his back to his stomach. No prompting or help at all!! And he's done it 4 times in the last 10 minutes or so. Now, if he could just figure out what to do once he rolls over, we'll have a mover on our hands.

1 comment:

  1. That's so fun that he's eating baby food and on the verge of moving! I'm amazed at how quickly these babies grow and learn how to do things - and it's so much fun watching them discover and learn. (o: While I love Tommy's age, I"m excited for when he starts eating cereal and babyfood too.

    ReplyDelete