Friday, July 2, 2010

My new hobby....

During the month of May, I took a cake decorating class. It was so much fun and I learned that I might have a talent for this kind of thing. Maybe one day I will open my own bakery or something. I think that would be fun! I am planning on taking the next course in August with a friend, so I will learn how to work with fondant. I am super excited about that!! Icing is great, but you open up a whole other world of creativity once you learn to use fondant. Here are some pictures of my cakes.


My friend Kristy was getting married....so I decorated this one for her.


This was the cake we decorated in the second class, so I used it at Michael's birthday party too....there was too much cake though, so it went to work with Mike.


This was Michael's actual birthday cake. There was only 1 piece left....I ate it and it was good! :)


This was my last cake and probably one of my favorites! I was very pleased with how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome Aimee!! Everytime I watch one of the cake shows it makes me wish I could do something like that. You definitely have a knack for it. Keep up the good work! (o:

    ReplyDelete